I am almost always pretty busy with work and other projects so even though I try to get to as many of you as I can, I don’t always get to reply back to many of your comments, emails, and messages. This is why I created this page. I wanted to create a go-to place where all of your frequently asked questions can be answered.
- What eyeliner do you use? Sephora liquid eyeliner in Noir 01. This eyeliner is my favorite and only $12 at Sephora. However, if you have watery eyes, this is not a good choice for you as this eyeliner is not waterproof. I have to dodge the rain a lot haha.
- What is your go-to shade/brand of red lipstick? Sephora’s liquid matt lip color in red. It is the only ruby red I use and it doesn’t dry up like others do. Also just $12.
- How long does it take for you to do your makeup? Not long, 10 minutes tops. Most people assume its a lot longer but to be honest I don’t use that many tools or products. I usually just use mineral powder as foundation, blush, eyeliner, mascara, and lipstick if necessary. I don’t contour, I don’t use liquid foundation. If I use eye shadow its usually just two colors. I’m pretty simple.
- Are your bangs fake? No they are not. I have used faux bangs before a few years ago but only once or twice and it wasn’t the same.
- How do you tuck in your bangs when you do different hairstyles? Pomade works wonders. Use Layrite or Suavecito.
- In some photos your hair is really long and in some mid length, do you wear extensions? I do not wear extensions. My natural hair touches my boobs but every now and then when I get sick of my hair and don’t want to put much effort into it, I use half wigs and regular wigs. Half wigs are god sent and make it easy for me to come up with fast and awesome hair styles when I have to run out of the house.
- What do you use in your hair to make it so shiny? The truth is I barely use any products on my hair other than hair spray and pomade. My hair is very thick and naturally shiny. Good genes I guess.
- How do you get your bangs to look so perfect? Well they don’t always look perfect. Sometimes I wake up and I look like I have a mullet but for the most part, because I have such thick hair my bangs pretty much fall flat. It’s far too heavy to do anything else. Sometimes I use a tiny skinny flat-iron to shape it out. I also cut my own bangs too.
- How tall are you? Fun sized (5’1)
- What nationality are you? Puerto Rican but I was born and raised in New York.
- How do I become a pinup model? Its pretty easy actually. All you have to do is build a portfolio. Take lots of pictures and work with good photographers. The more photos you take and the more you put yourself out there, the more the opportunities will find you. However, do not think you can make an actual living off of this, its kinda like blogging, some bloggers make a lot of money whilst some don’t. There is a very small small small circle of people who actually make money from pinup modeling so just do it for fun and see what happens! If you can’t afford to work with photographers, invest in your own camera and take your own photos. I took my own photos for years before I started modeling for retro companies!
- When did you start pinup modeling? 2008.
- Did it take you a long time to perfect your modeling skills? Absolutely. Like everything, practice makes perfect. I’m still a work in progress.
- How can I become a model for Pinup Girl Clothing? For the most part, so long as you put yourself out there Pug may just find you. They are always looking for fresh faces. It’s not something you can just apply for.
- When will you be doing tutorials? Once I can learn how to do video tutorials and editing without wanting to pull my hair out. They are long overdue, I know. I am so sorry!
- Are you looking for contributors? I don’t really look for contributors since I have always run my site on my own. However, if you have a good story you feel fits the aesthetic of my blog, I am more than happy to take a look at it and give you a shot at being a guest contributor.
If you have a question you think would be useful in adding to this page just comment below. I will be more than happy to add it and give you an answer.